June 26, 2009

Goodbye Franklin County! Hello Phase 5!

After being home in RI for a few days, Tuesday I took a one-night trip back to Turners Falls, MA to load up another carload of things. My house was borderline empty and I don't think I had ever felt so lonely in my life the night that night I stayed there. Wednesday evening before I left town, I hopped over to Greenfield to go to Poet's Seat Tower one last time. For those of you who don't know, it's just a big look out spot on a mountain overlooking the Green Valley. It was one of the first places I visited when I moved to go to Hallmark, as I'm sure many of you fellow classmates did. I took in all the scenery and dwelled on how life-changing the past 10 months were for me perfectly. In 10 months I think I have felt every emotion humanly possible. It is so hard to leave so many people and things behind that have grown to mean the world to me, and I will always feel an emptiness for the experiences I had there. My heart is in a million different places now, and I don't see that changing for a while.

On a completely different lighter note, I have my first job as a graduate tonight! In about an hour I will leave to drive out towards a beach near Boston to shoot a wedding party. It ends around midnight and I'll drive back to Rhode Island, get a few hours of sleep, then head out again to assist a Hallmark Grad of 10 years ago (Katie Malone Smith) with a wedding out in New Haven, CT. I'm so excited to finally be working! The full-time job-hunt is still very much underway though. Can't wait to tell you how this weekend went!

No comments:

Post a Comment