June 14, 2009

Relay for Life!

Yesterday after class, me and about 19 other Hallmark students volunteered our first half of the weekend to Franklin County's Relay for Life event. It was a 24-hour event and I didn't get home till about 4 o'clock today but it was an AMAZING time. We built some studios and photographed tons of teams who were walking to raise money for a cure for cancer, as well as took general pictures of the whole event. I got no sleep, hardly anyone did, but it was such a fun time. I would highly recommend getting involved in Relay for Life, where-ever it may be for you, because it was a moving couple of days for me. My area's event raised $285,000 for the American Cancer Society, so incredible! :D

In other news, my final portfolio went up for review at school this week, and I passed! Congrats to everyone who's portfolio has already been, or is yet to be, ACCEPTED !! :) Graduation is next friday the 19th, and then I am officially a "professional". EXPLOIT ME! Which reminds me that my new website was launched at the beginning of this week, too! A new wedding gallery was added as well, go check it out!

Okay it's late, my body is tired but I can't sleep and I feel like I'm rambling so I'll leave you with a couple snapshots of todays beautiful weather at the event.


No comments:

Post a Comment